Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blog Assignment #3



the Birth of Venus:


la Primavera:




My first artist is Botticelli. He is a very famous Italian Renaissance painter who appeals to me because his big idea is similar to mine. He uses the big idea of freedom and grace to paint some of the all time human masterpieces. In his two most famous paintings, La Primavera and The Birth of Venus, I find the way Botticelli depicts the free spirits and the winds to be very inspiring. He is able to get his big idea across without using typical cliches as so many other artist do. one question I had originally had while first viewing these painting was who is the lady in the middle of the pictures? I later found out that is was Venus, the goddess of love and fertility. I will use this artist to aid in my final project by trying to bring out the color range of Botticelli and use it in my final project. Also, I will have one central image and surround it with multiple images that will aid in the connection to my big idea.
Second two images found on: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandro_Botticelli

My second artist is Pierre Beteille. He is a photoshop artist who takes ordinary photographs and transforms them through photoshop. I felt inspired while looking at his work, because many of his images are ones that I feel I can do myself. Many photoshop artist are out of my league, but Beteille's work provides an example to me that a great piece of photoshop art does not need to be done by a photoshop expert. His big idea is altered realities. He takes ordinary images and by adding photoshop features, he changes the image from something ordinary to something extraordinary. I will use this artist to aid my final project by realizing that I do have the ability to make great art with the skills that I currently have and the ones that I will continue to develop through this final project. Things that I need to continue working on are mask and adjustment details that will make my art more realistic.
First two images found on: pierrebeteille.com




No comments:

Post a Comment